Acquired in 2007, Summit Aviation’s manufacturing facility in Somerset, Kentucky, provides aero structure product assembly for a variety of military and commercial helicopters and fixed wing aircraft. Additionally, it has paint capabilities that support prime and finish components.
Summit Aviation also has all the necessary equipment to complete build to print basic sheet metal fabrication including a CNC router, hydraulic press brake, mill/lathe combo and all of the finishing equipment needed to complete this type of work.
- Stable, skilled and experienced workforce
- 28,000-square-foot facility
- 62,000 production-hour capacity
- Double digit year-over-year growth
- AS9100C certification
- Supported by Summit Aviation MRO/FBO facility in Delaware and its parent company Greenwich AeroGroup Inc.
- Large aero structure manufacturing and assembly
- New transmission manufacture, assembly and testing
- Transmission overhaul and testing
- Paint facility
- Supply chain management
- Manage supply chain for complex assemblies
- Manufacturing and assembly of airframe components
- Manufacturing and assembly of dynamic components (transmissions, engine assembly)
- Low and high volume manufacturing
- Spares support – for items such as control rods, gaskets, seals, struts and skid assemblies
- Full paint capabilities